During the school day, we monitor the air quality using the US AQI pollution guidelines and adjust the children’s outdoor activities accordingly. To ensure that our children are in the best environment we have installed IQAir air purifiers in Aurora spaces. The children take their afternoon naps in rooms with purified air and when the air outside is considered to be unhealthy the children can spend more time in these spaces.
Aurora meals – THE LANGUAGE OF FOOD
We believe in the importance of children discovering the immeasurable richness provided by good food, eaten in good company.
At Aurora, proper nutrition is a priority. Our children are fed with wholesome healthy food alternatives whenever possible, with a diet consisting of fresh fruits, organic vegetables, lean meats and whole grains which are recommended for optimum growth and brain development.
At Aurora, wherever possible we follow these procedures:
- All meals for children are made by Aurora’s chefs
- All fresh milk is from organic seeds and natural cereal is cooked daily for children such as almond, chestnut, walnut, green beans, pumpkin, black beans, red beans…
- We use organic and safe vegetables from MM Market, Vinmart, Organica and Organik.
- We refrain from using artificial flavourings and seasonings in our cooking, instead, we use the natural flavours from vegetables, sugar cane, salt, seaweed etc.
- The fish sauce used in our cooking is natural.
- None of the food we serve is GMO.
Breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea are included in the tuition. If the organic version of a certain food item is unavailable, we do our best to provide the most natural alternative possible.
Our menu was carefully created with just the right nutritional balance and variety in accordance with dietary guidelines and recommendations for a young developing child.
Our beverage choices are water, homemade nut milks and an afternoon fruit/vegetable smoothie. We occasionally serve fresh, raw juices but do not serve processed, bottled juices or any other sugary drinks. Although our food is rich in flavour, we strive to keep our meals low in sodium and sugar.
Mealtimes at Aurora
Mealtimes foster a balanced relationship between health, taste and the pleasure of being at the table together.